Poetry Notebook: October Songs, Poems, and Rhymes
Also included in
- Your PreK-2 students will love to immerse themselves in poetry when you ask them to DRAMATIZE, RECITE, ILLUSTRATE, and READ delightful poems, songs, and rhymes from this Nellie Edge “I Can Read” Poetry Bundle! "Give them poetry, the most exquisite language we speak, to help children internalize thePrice $25.00Original Price $50.00Save $25.00
Choose the growing BUNDLE EARLY for HUGE SAVINGS!
Nellie Edge “I Can Read” Growing Poetry Bundle will invite your students to memorize, recite, illustrate, and read familiar and copyright-secured songs, poems, and rhymes. Using these strategies will all your students to expand their minds and imaginations and instill a life-long love of language!
Discover the power of poetry in the lives of children!
What’s included in October Poetry Notebook:
- 20 traditional and copyright-secured poems, rhymes, and songs
- Directions to build each child’s Poetry Anthology Notebook
- Ways to invite parent involvement
Fall Is Here
Leaves Fall Down
Like a Leaf or a Feather
Leaves Are Falling
Down, Down, Yellow and Brown
Way Up High on the Apple Tree
This Is Jack-o-Happy
5 Little Pumpkins
S-e-e Spells See
L-i-k-e Spells Like
T-h-e e-n-d: The End Chant
Rain on the Green Grass
Red Is Rojo
This collection of poems and songs is available in two formats:
- Enlarged print for emergent readers
- Smaller print for primary readers
Language is the foundation for all thinking, learning, communication, and literacy. Accelerating language and reading skills simultaneously while joyfully singing and dramatizing songs and chanting rhymes is a multisensory learning strategy that takes advantage of how the brain learns best! It builds community and is memorable, engaging, and incorporates a host of “best practices.”
Your (growing) “I Can Read” Poetry and Song Bundle will soon have over 200 traditional and copyright-secured poems, songs, and rhymes that are worthy of children’s time and creative energy. (All children's art and photos are posted with parental permission and copyrighted to NellieEdge.com.) We encourage you to bring back the out loud culture: Choose the rhymes from our monthly collections that you delight in and that fit your curriculum themes!
- Enjoy reciting, singing, dramatizing, and signing the language with your students.
- Invite students to personalize the language with art.
- Provide shared reading experiences where all children feel successful.
- Send the notebooks home regularly for oral language rehearsal and reading fluency practice.
- You may be inspired to make these best practices routine in your classroom!
You will find a photo essay In September Poetry documenting some of the amazing work from kindergarten teachers who value authentic language learning rich in arts and deep science connections.
Thank you for visiting my TpT Store!
Click HERE to follow our store
- Be notified of new Nellie Edge Kindergarten (PreK-1) products.
- All new items are listed at 50% off for the first 48 hours after posting!
- Leave feedback and earn TpT credits.
Follow Nellie Edge Kindergarten blogs
Find resources and support on my website, NellieEdge.com
SMILES for joyful teaching and learning,