One Week Poetry Unit for Langston Hughes
Worksheets, Quizzes, Writing Prompt, and Answer Keys/ Rubrics Included!
Please use this link to the FREE companion PowerPoint in my store:
The focus is on two poems: “Jazzonia” and “Theme for English B” (which are both easily accessible online, and links are included in the packet).
Correlated to Common Core (and Colorado Academic Standards), the resources in this pack include:
- An essential question guide
- Text guides for the instructor complete with lesson ideas, text
dependent questions, and vocabulary
- Guiding reading worksheets (which I refer to as “reading
- Two short assessments with answer keys
- A sample essay prompt with a rubric (based on the PARCC
By completing the activities with these two poems, students will engage in the following skills:
- Identifying and analyzing literary devices
- Marking a text (Annotating)
- Identifying strong evidence
- Evaluating evidence to support claims
- Understanding vocabulary in context
- Analyzing text structure of two forms of poetry
- Synthesizing claims of an author with support
Thank you for browsing my store! I would love to hear your feedback, comments, or questions!