Improve poetry reading comprehension using these 6 passages, each featuring a public domain poem and 8 multiple-choice questions. 5 are single poems and 1 is a paired passage with a poem and nonfiction paragraph. All of the comprehension questions are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests. These poetry passages are wonderful for practice and perfect for test prep!
The readability levels of these passages is in the 3rd-5th grade range. Please check the preview to help you determine whether or not they would be suitable for your students. 3rd graders will need more teacher support with decoding and vocabulary. You can purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience in preparing upper elementary students for standardized reading testing!
Here is what you get with this resource:
• Christmas and Winter poem and questions (2 pages)
• Good Night and Good Morning poem and questions (2 pages)
• The Fieldmouse poem and questions (2 pages)
• The Rooks poem & Tweet and Greet paragraph and questions (2 pages)
• The Sheep poem and questions (2 pages)
• Two Little Kittens poem and questions (2 pages)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► Check out all my high-interest Reading Passages
► I also have Poetry Mini-Passages
if you need more poetry practice.
► Click on the ★ to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!