Students will define poetry terms. Students will identify rhyme patterns and poetry structures. Students will identify figurative language within a poem. Students will write ten different types of poems.
Poetry PowerPoints, poetry worksheets, and more! Are you looking for a complete poetry unit where everything is already done for you? This just might be the poetry resource you're looking for!
This Poetry Bundle includes:
1. 15-16 days of LESSON PLANS!
2. A 48-slide PowerPoint (Part 1 with Mrs. Stanza) POETRY BASICS
- poetry vocabulary
- poetry structures
- figurative language in poetry
- identification of rhyme patterns (rhyme schemes)
- rhythm and meter
3. A 70-slide PowerPoint (Part 2 with Mr. Stanza) WRITING POETRY
- bio poem
- concrete poem
- free verse
4. THREE poetry passages with multiple choice comprehension questions (ideal for test prep!)
5. Interactive Notebook pieces
6. Introduction to Poetry PowerPoint Companion (to accompany the Part 1 PowerPoint) (You get to choose whether to use the print version or the Google Slides version.)
7. Poetry Handouts (to accompany the Part 2 PowerPoint)
8. Poetry Flipbook (Students may write their final drafts of their favorite poems in here!)
In April 2020, I added a new layer to this bundle. Now, nearly all of the pieces are available in a DIGITAL format. The digital activities are compatible with Google Slides and Google Forms. (The only item that is not available in a digital format is the flipbook.)
Teaching poetry has never been so easy!!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW!!! You will be able to view 10 days of the lesson plans, many of the printables, many of the digital activities, and several of the PowerPoint slides!
If you're looking for more poem passages to help prepare your students for the poetry found on standardized tests, you might want to check out my reading passages resource by clicking HERE.
These PowerPoints are not available for individual sale... they are only available in this bundle. Also, the PowerPoints cannot be edited due to the copyright requirements made by the contributing artists (clip art and fonts).
Copyright by Deb Hanson
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!