Teach poetry with confidence to your 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students with this 6-week poetry writing unit. Students will really enjoy (yes!) writing and publishing their own poetry portfolio with 13 forms of poetry. The poetry student packet includes EVERYTHING (and MORE!) you need for each poetry form with directions, example poems, rough draft paper, final copy paper, scoring rubrics, self reflection, peer reflection, portfolio cover choices and much more. This woks well as an independent project during your writer’s workshop or literacy center or you could teach the unit one poetry form at a time. This is the PERFECT distance learning poetry project!
6 Products INCLUDED in the Poetry Writing BUNDLE:
- Independent Poetry Project (Print & Digital) $10 value
- Poetry Figurative Language Interactive Notebook + Posters (Print) $4.50 value
- 35 Poetry Terms DIGITAL Interactive Flip Book (Print & Digital) $5 value
- CCSS Grades 3-5 Poetry Reflection Form with CCSS chart (Print) FREE
- "I Am” Poem (Print & Digital) $4 value
- Five Senses Poem (Print) FREE
My best selling poetry unit BUNDLE is ready LOADED with resources!
This was one of the projects my 4th, 5th and 6th graders all loved. Every child experienced successs at their own level. Easy to tailor to your specific classroom needs. Ready to use upon download and students are SO motivated to write with this project.
What's Included in this Huge Poetry Bundle:
• Teacher Directions
• Lesson sequence chart day by day
• CCSS ELA Reading Literature Standards
• Suggested poetry reading lists for CCSS
• Student Directions
• KWL Pre-Assessment
• Rough draft worksheets & directions for each poetry style
• Poetry Unit Requirements
• Table of Contents
• Scoring Guides / Grading Rubrics
• Final copy poem writing papers
• Elements of Poetry Anchor Charts & PPT slideshow
• Ingredients of Poetry Anchor Charts & PPT slideshow
• Poetry Vocabulary Anchor Charts, 35 definitions
• Poetry Digital Interactive Flip Book & PPT Slideshow
• Types of Poetry Slideshow & Poetry Anchor Charts
• Poetry Project Cover options
• Poetry Slam Invitation
• Poetry Party Invitation
• Poetry Anchor Charts
• Figurative Languge Interactive Notebook
• Self-reflection forms
• Reading Genre of the Month Literacy Posters
• Website link to purchaser-only accessible poetry links
This teacher favorite set allows students to make their own poetry notebook with up to 13 different types of poems. This independent poetry project encourages all learning styles and is motivating for all students, allowing all students to experience success.
• Elements of Poetry
• Figurative Language
• Vocabulary of Poetry
• Poem Examination
• Poetry Reading
• Poetry Recitation
• Poetry Reflection
• Poetry Writing
Students will write 13 poetry types:
- Acrostic Poem
- Alphabet Alliteration Poem
- Cinquain Poem
- Color Poem
- Concrete Poem
- Creature Poem
- Fingerprint Poem (metaphor poem)
- Five Senses Poem
- Free Verse Poem
- Haiku Poem
- I Am Poem
- Limerick Poem
- Who What When Where Why Poem
Even your most reluctant students will enjoy writing poetry!
If you want your grade level partners to enjoy the fun and teach this unit along with you, additional licenses are discounted to save your colleagues money!
You may upload the special PowerPoint version to your Google Drive™ and use with Google Slides™ through Google Classroom™. Gray shaded text boxes are pre-placed for students to type into perfect for distance learning.
What Buyers Are Saying:
- This is a well though out unit that covers the essentials of poetry. I appreciate the fact that it includes powerpoints and editable documents. It was extremely useful! I debated whether to buy this unit due to its price, but I'm glad I did not let the price deter me. I am looking forward to buying the biography unit. Thank you for your effort! :) -Miriam
- My students went from hating poetry to loving it. They were so proud of all the poems that they had written and they were excited to put them all in a book for themselves. -Daniel
- The best resource for helping my students get started writing poetry. I wish my district had provided a resource like this. It was easy to follow. The kids loved it and ran with the different ideas. Thank you so much for making this affordable! -Alisha
- This was my first time teaching poetry and I was very nervous about doing it in distance learning, but this packet was a life saver. Can't wait to use it again this year. Love that you can pick and choose which pages to include, its a very flexible resource and my students were engaged with poetry writing. -Kaylin
DISTANCE LEARNING NOTE: You have permission to use these digital products with your students PROVIDED YOU USE THE MATERIALS BEHIND A SECURED OR PASSWORD PROTECTED SITE and materials are NOT posted directly to the Internet for others to view. You may NOT use to any materials created by Mrs. Renz' Class in any for-profit online classes or courses.
Adobe Reader to open PDF, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, a zip uncompressing program. IF you are uploading to Google Classroom™, you need access to Google Drive™.
For Mac users without MS Office, I included a PDF version of the PowerPoint Slideshows so you are not missing any content. :)
© Mrs. Renz’ Class
YOU MIGHT LIKE MY NEW POETRY HELPER CHART!
Poetry Reference Charts for Grades 3-5. Includes poetry forms, examples, figurative language definitions and examples, famous poets list, how to read a poem, questions to ask as you're reading poetry, and more in this 4-sheet file folder lap book helps students be more independent.
MORE POETRY RESOURCES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
POETRY ANALYSIS TASK CARDS & MORE: Grades 4-5
POETRY ANALYSIS TASK CARDS & MORE: Grades 2-3