Get your third, fourth and fifth grade students independently reading and writing their own poetry and publishing their own poetry collection with this print AND DIGITAL poetry project perfect for distance learning! Even your reluctant learners will enjoy writing poetry with this set! Materials are included for a fun and engaging 6-week independent and creative poetry unit in this huge poetry pack! Save over 40% with this huge bundled set of 6 must-have poetry products!
You may upload the special PowerPoint version to your Google Drive™ and use with Google Slides™ through Google Classroom™. Gray shaded text boxes are pre-placed for students to type into perfect for distance learning.
DISTANCE LEARNING NOTE: You have permission to use these digital products with your students PROVIDED YOU USE THE MATERIALS BEHIND A SECURED OR PASSWORD PROTECTED SITE and materials are NOT posted directly to the Internet for others to view.
The set also includes lots of poetry activities to help you teach an effective poetry unit including independent project, vocabulary, powerpoint lessons, KWL, reflection forms, web links, and more. No hassle for you, use some or all the materials included. Easy to tailor to your specific classroom needs. Ready to use upon download!
6 Products Included in this Bundle:
♥︎ Independent Poetry Project (Digital and Print) PLUS these other 6 Products:
♥︎ 35 Poetry Terms DIGITAL Interactive Flip Book & Posters (Print and Digital)
♥︎ "I Am” Poem (Print and Digital)
♥︎ Five Senses Poem (Print)
This teacher favorite set allows students to make their own poetry notebook with up to 13 different types of poems (but that's up to you with the editable portions). This independent poetry project encourages all learning styles and is motivating for all students, allowing all students to experience success. Students could work independently during your writer’s workshop or literacy center or you could teach the unit one poetry form at a time. This is the PERFECT distance learning poetry project.
Included in your purchase is a purchaser-only web link to my page specifically designed to accompany this unit.
Grades: 3rd - 5th grades
• Elements of Poetry
• Figurative Language
• Vocabulary of Poetry
• Poem Examination
• Poetry Reading
• Poetry Recitation
• Poetry Reflection
• Poetry Writing
13 Poetry Forms Taught:
❤ Acrostic Poem
❤ Alphabet Alliteration Poem
❤ Cinquain Poem
❤ Color Poem
❤ Concrete Poem
❤ Creature Poem
❤ Fingerprint Poem (metaphor poem)
❤ Five Senses Poem
❤ Free Verse Poem
❤ Haiku Poem
❤ I Am Poem
❤ Limerick Poem
❤ Who What When Where Why Poem
Digital and Print Versions Included within the Set:
• Teacher Directions
• CCSS ELA Reading Literature Standards for grades 3-5 - editable
• Student Directions (B&W & color)
• KWL Pre-Assessment
• Rough draft worksheets & directions for each poetry style (B&W & color)
• Poetry Unit Requirements - editable
• Table of Contents - editable
• Scoring Guides (4 & 5 point scales plus a blank) - editable
• Grading Rubric - editable
• Final copy poem writing papers (B&W)
• Poetry Project Cover options (B&W & color)
• Poetry Slam Invitation for parents – editable
• Poetry Party Invitation for parents – editable
• Interactive Notebook - figurative language definitions and examples (B&W)
• Self-reflection forms (pre and post) blank and one with CCSS Standards - editable
• Elements of Poetry Posters and PPT slideshow (the 5 elements, alliteration, hyperbole, idiom, metaphor, onomatopoeia, personification, simile, imagery, voice, ideas and content, word choice, figurative language (color)
• Ingredients of Poetry posters and PPT slideshow (form, purpose, mood, theme, poetry books) (color)
• The Sweet Language of Poetry Vocabulary 35 Terms, Digital Interactive Flip Book & PPT Slideshow (accent, alliteration, ballad, central idea, form, end rhyme, figurative language, hyperbole, idiom, imagery, line, message, metaphor, meter, mood, narrative poem, onomatopoeia, personification, poem, poetry, point of view, repetition, rhyme, rhyme scheme, rhythm, setting, stanza, simile, structural elements, style, symbolism, theme, tone, verse) (color)
• Types of Poetry Slideshow & posters (acrostic, alphabet alliteration, cinquain, color, concrete, creature alliteration, fingerprint, five senses, free verse, haiku, “I am”, limerick, who what when where why) (color)
• Reading Genre of the Month Literacy Wall Posters: Poetry, Poetry Genre Definition, and Poetry Book List Poster
• Suggested poetry reading lists for CCSS – for grades 2-3 and grades 4-5 plus poet information and background for the teacher
• Website link to purchaser-only accessible poetry links
Even your most reluctant students will enjoy writing poetry!
If you want your grade level partners to enjoy the fun and teach this unit along with you, additional licenses are discounted to save your colleagues money!
Adobe Reader to open PDF, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, a zip uncompressing program. IF you are uploading to Google Classroom™, you need access to Google Drive™.
For Mac users without MS Office, I included a PDF version of the PowerPoint Slideshows so you are not missing any content. :)
Click HERE TO FOLLOW ME to get advance notice of new products priced 50% off for the first 24 hours!
MORE POETRY RESOURCES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
POETRY ANALYSIS TASK CARDS & MORE: Grades 4-5
POETRY ANALYSIS TASK CARDS & MORE: Grades 2-3