Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Are you looking to get students in 3rd – 5th grades independently reading and writing their own poetry and publishing their own poetry collection? How about changing attitudes about poetry for your students - even reluctant learners? Materials for a fun and engaging 6-week independent and creative poetry unit are included in this huge poetry pack! Save over 35% with this huge bundled set!
The set also includes lots of poetry activities to help you teach an effective poetry unit including independent project, vocabulary, powerpoint lessons, quiz, reflection forms, web links, and more. No hassle for you, use some or all the materials included. Easy to tailor to your specific classroom needs. Ready to use upon download!
Products Included in this Bundle:
♥︎ Independent Poetry Project PLUS these other 5 Products:
♥︎ "I Am” Poem
This teacher favorite set allows students to make their own poetry notebook with up to 13 different types of poems (but that's up to you with the editable portions). This independent poetry project encourages all learning styles and is motivating for all students, allowing all students to experience success. Students could work independently during your writer’s workshop or literacy center or you could teach the unit one poetry form at a time.
Included in your purchase is a purchaser only web link to my page specifically designed to accompany this unit. Students will read work from poets on the CCSS reading list and use my website to access the student poetry links. Teachers have separate website access with links to the CCSS poems, poet biography, and poem information. The special ink is provided in your purchase.
Grades: 3rd - 5th grades
• Elements of Poetry
• Figurative Language
• Vocabulary of Poetry
• Poem Examination
• Poetry Reading
• Poetry Recitation
• Poetry Reflection
• Poetry Writing
13 Poetry Forms Taught:
❤ Acrostic Poem
❤ Alphabet Alliteration Poem
❤ Cinquain Poem
❤ Color Poem
❤ Concrete Poem
❤ Creature Poem
❤ Fingerprint Poem (metaphor poem)
❤ Five Senses Poem
❤ Free Verse Poem
❤ Haiku Poem
❤ I Am Poem
❤ Limerick Poem
❤ Who What When Where Why Poem
Included within the Set:
• Directions for Teacher (B&W & color)
• CCSS ELA Reading Literature Standards for grades 3-5 - editable
• Directions for Student (B&W & color)
• KWL Pre-Assessment
• Rough draft worksheets& directions for each poetry style (B&W & color)
• Poetry Unit Requirements - editable
• Table of Contents - editable
• Scoring Guide - editable
• Grading Rubric - editable
• 20 Final copy poem paper options (B&W)
• 5 Poetry Project Cover options (B&W & color)
• KWL Pre-Assessment
• Poetry Party Invitation for parents – editable
• Interactive Notebook about figurative language of poetry (B&W)
• Quiz with 7 questions and answers - Poster and PPT slideshow (color)
• Self-reflection forms (pre and post) blank and one with CCSS Standards - editable
• Elements of Poetry Posters and PPT slideshow (the 5 elements, alliteration, hyperbole, idiom, metaphor, onomatopoeia, personification, simile, imagery, voice, ideas and content, word choice, figurative language (color)
• Ingredients of Poetry posters and PPT slideshow (form, purpose, mood, theme, poetry books) (color)
• The Sweet Language of Poetry Vocabulary 33 Posters & PPT Slideshow (accent, alliteration, ballad, central idea, form, end rhyme, figurative language, hyperbole, idiom, imagery, line, message, metaphor, meter, mood, narrative poem, onomatopoeia, personification, poem, poetry, point of view, repetition, rhyme, rhyme scheme, rhythm, setting, stanza, simile, structural elements, style, symbolism, theme, tone, verse) (color)
• Types of Poetry Slideshow & posters (acrostic, alphabet alliteration, cinquain, color, concrete, creature alliteration, fingerprint, five senses, free verse, haiku, “I am”, limerick, who what when where why) (color)
• Reading Genre of the Month Literacy Wall Posters: Poetry, Poetry Genre Definition, and Poetry Book List Poster
• Suggested poetry reading lists for CCSS – for grades 2-3 and grades 4-5 plus poet information and background for the teacher
• Website link to purchaser-only accessible poetry links
>>Click the green "LOOK INSIDE" button to see what's included in this complete poetry pack!
Even the most reluctant students will enjoy writing poetry!
If you want your grade level partners to enjoy the fun and teach this unit along with you, additional licenses are discounted to save your colleagues money!
FILE TYPES IN THIS SET:
Make sure you have the following programs so you can take full advantage of this set..
PDF, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, a zip uncompressing program.
For Mac users without MS Office, you can use the PDF version of the PowerPoint Slideshows.
MORE POETRY RESOURCES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
POETRY ANALYSIS TASK CARDS & MORE: Grades 4-5
POETRY ANALYSIS TASK CARDS & MORE: Grades 2-3