Supplement your poetry unit with 6 passages that each feature a public domain poem and 4 multiple-choice comprehension questions on one page. The questions are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests and are mainly word meanings, inferences, and questions about comparisons (without using the words simile or metaphor). The last question on each passage asks students about the type of poem. Great for morning work, homework, assessment, or centers!
Readability is in the 3rd-5th grade range. Please check the preview to help you determine whether or not they would be suitable for your students. 3rd graders may need more teacher support with decoding and vocabulary. You can purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience in preparing upper elementary students for standardized reading testing!
Here is what you get with this resource:
• Friends lyrical poem and questions (1 page)
• Mr. Nobody humorous poem and questions (1 page)
• My Shadow humorous poem and questions (1 page)
• Rathers lyrical poem and questions (1 page)
• The Star lyrical poem and questions (1 page)
• The Story of Fidgety Philip narrative/lyrical poem and questions (1 page)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► Check out engaging Reading Passages both long and short.
► CLICK HERE to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!