Improve poetry comprehension with 6 passages featuring an original poem about a school-related topic and 4 multiple-choice comprehension questions on one page. Poetry topics include class procedures, animal groups and characteristics, map elements, onomatopoeia, parts of speech, and reading strategies. The questions are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests. Great for morning work, homework, assessment, or centers!
Readability is in the 3rd-5th grade range. Please check the preview to help you determine whether or not they would be suitable for your students. You can purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience in preparing upper elementary students for standardized reading testing!
Here is what you get with this resource:
• A School Day Begins poem and questions (1 page)
• Critter Criteria poem and questions (1 page)
• Map Chat poem and questions (1 page)
• Ode to Onomatopoeia poem and questions (1 page)
• Parts of Speech Smarts poem and questions (1 page)
• School Tools poem and questions (1 page)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► Check out engaging Reading Passages
both long and short.
► CLICK HERE to follow me
for updates about new products, sales info & more!