Included in this product are sixteen poetry response cards with six prompts each, with a total of thirty different responses. For a class of around thirty, only two students would have identical cards. Subjects range from literary elements, personal reaction, contemporary connection, creative writing, to questions posed.
Possible strategies for these poetry response cards include the following:
* Each student chooses a response from their card following a poem study.
* Students are assigned a specified number of poems to read and annotate. They
then choose a variety of responses from their individual card. Laminate the
cards so students can mark off the ones accomplished and then wipe clean
when students or classes change cards.
* Students in groups of six study the same poem but each answer using a different
prompt off the group card. Share and discuss the variety of responses.
* Easily use this for those Friday or Monday activities when you are looking for
in-class reading and response.
* Super easy for a substitute!
* Create weekly poetry notebooks.
* Use prompts for group presentations instead of for writing responses.
Print and cut the cards apart. Laminate for easy use if you choose.
The complete list of the thirty prompts are included for your reference and for other uses.
Open the preview for a look at Poetry Response Cards #1-4!
Check out my store for more products for secondary language arts, including AP Language and Composition materials.
You might be interested in my other poetry product:
* Poem Study and Imitation - "So You Want to Be a/an . . . "
You may also want to check out these other print-and-go products:
* Speak - Literary Novel Study; Speak Novel Unit
* AP Lang and Comp Syntactical Imitations for Unbroken; Syntax
* Book Talk; Secondary; Outline, Prep, Self and Peer Eval, Scoring Rubric
* AP Language Nonfiction Book Presentation; "Sell Your Book" AP Lang
* AP Language Independent Nonfiction Book Written Argument - Essay; AP Lang
* Weekly Writing Notebooks/Journals; Secondary; 40 Weeks/350+ Prompts
* Letter of Application; Persuasive Writing; Business Letter; Secondary
* Gratitude Essay; Secondary; Five-Paragraph Essay
* The Crucible Themes Essay; Secondary Classroom; Theme Essay
* AP Language/AP Lang Current Events Synthesis; Current Events; Synthesis Essay
* Back-to-School Writing Pre- and Post-Assessments for the Secondary Classroom
* SOAPSTONE Posters & Powerpoint; AP, Pre-AP, Secondary; Annotation
* Book Cover Analysis; Novel Anticipatory Set; Book Jacket Blurb; Secondary
* Back-to-School Personal Character Sketch Introduction; Characterization
* Rhetorical Analysis of a Presidential Candidate's Speech; AP Lang and Comp
* Rhetorical Analysis Tips Handout; AP Lang and Comp
* Symbolic Me Essay; Formative Writing Assessment; Student Introduction
* In Cold Blood - Syntactical Imitations; AP Lang and Comp; Syntax
* Holiday Writing Prompts; Secondary Language Arts
* The Magician's Elephant - Creative Narrative Writing; Secondary Language Arts