Also included in
- Teach poetry analysis with confidence and save 20% using these poetry mini units for all 9 poems on the 4th & 5th grade CCSS ELA Text Exemplar list. Task cards, teacher background, notes and answer keys, poem summaries, poet biography, student recording booklets, this set has it ALL and you get$25.92$40.50Save $14.58
Help students enjoy analyzing Robert Frost’s poem, “Dust of Snow” with this fun mini unit and task card set. This poem is on the 4th & 5th grade CCSS ELA Text Exemplar list. Students read the poem and respond to prompts on 12 task cards citing evidence from the text in their foldable booklet that prints using only 3 sheets of paper. This makes a great center activity or class lesson.
DISTANCE LEARNING NOTE: While this is not a Google Classroom product, you have permission to use this product as a digital product with your students PROVIDED YOU USE THE MATERIALS BEHIND A SECURED OR PASSWORD PROTECTED SITE and materials are NOT posted directly to the Internet for others to view. - HR Updated 4/27/2020 during Covid 19 home learning time.
For teachers, I’ve included a brief summary of the poem, teacher tips and notes, vocabulary list, and suggested web links to the poems online plus video or audio links so students can hear the rhythm of the poetry. Also included are “I Can” statements for Common Core 4th & 5th grade ELA ready to print and hang up on your bulletin board. In addition to the task cards, each poem has a one-page “Meet the Author” page and Acrostic Poem worksheets. These make a great extension or center activity for differentiation.
Your purchase includes the password to my poetry analysis web link collection for these poems. I’ve found online sources for you for each poem to build background knowledge, learn about the poet's life, watch videos, listen to audio links, read the poem online, and more.
There's 40 pages of NO PREP materials ready to help you teach and ENJOY poetry.
Students will to cite evidence from the text in their response to these types of questions:
• Finding new vocabulary
• Determining word and passage meaning
• Determining mood and mood changes
• Determining the setting
• Determining the theme
• Determining the rhyme scheme
• Listening for rhythm and meter
• Finding figurative language in the text (alliteration, simile, metaphor)
• Finding author’s point of view
• Text to text connections
• Comparing poems
• Making inferences about the poem
• Finding imagery in the poem
• Citing evidence to provide descriptions
• Determining overall message and meaning
• Giving opinions
• Asking questions about what was read
• Finding descriptive language
Materials Included (PDF format):
• Student Version of the Poem
• Meet the Author
• Poem Summary & Teacher Notes
• Poem Vocabulary List
• Access to my poetry analysis web collection (password included in y9our purchase)
• What is Poetry
• How to Read a Poem
• "I Can" Statement Wall Posters for4th & 5th CCSS ELA
• Teacher Version of Task Card Questions
• Teacher Version of Task Card Questions & Answers
• Task Cards (easy on the ink in color)– Print 4 per page
• Task Card Answers – print 4 per page
• Student Folded Book with Printing Directions - color and BW
• Acrostic Poem worksheets
WAIT! BEFORE PURCHASING! This set is included in the BUNDLE of 9 Task Card
You Might Like these EDITABLE Personal Spelling Dictionaries!
- Primary Grades Spelling Dictionary
- Intermediate Grades Spelling Dictionary
- BUNDLE Grades 1 - 5 Spelling Dictionaries
MORE POETRY RESOURCES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
POETRY ANALYSIS TASK CARDS & MORE: Grades 4-5
POETRY ANALYSIS TASK CARDS & MORE: Grades 2-3