I love teaching and celebrating poetry in my class each year, especially in April during National Poetry Month. This Poetry Toolbox provides fun and engaging resources that you can use to teach and celebrate poetry in your own classroom!
My Book of Poetry Patterns
• This Tab Book is perfect for introducing students to different types of poems. These pages also guide students in writing poems of their own!!
• Poem Patterns Included: Haiku, Cinquain, Acrostic, Limerick, Clerihew, Quatrain, and Diamante.
Poem in My Pocket
• April 27th is National Poem in Your Pocket Day. What a fun way to celebrate poetry, by carrying around a poem in your pocket to share with others!!
• Students can use this craft to make a “Pocket Necklace”. They simply cut, fold, and glue along the open edges. Then punch holes on each side and add string!!
• Students can use the insert to copy down a favorite poem or one of their own. Students wear their pockets throughout the day and share their poems with their friends and classmates!!
Reading Response Poetry Printables
• These Reading Response pages are perfect to get students thinking about poetry and to encourage them to reflect on different poems that they read. These pages can be used with any poems.
• Reading Response Printables Include:
→ What is Poetry? (KWL)
→ Snapshot of a Poem
→ Poetry Close Reading
→ Poetry Questions
→ Visualizing With Poetry
Present a Poem
• This activity is a great way to get students to learn about a poem of their choice, while also working on their presentation skills!!
• Students will memorize and recite a poem to the class. Perfect for Speaking & Listening!
• This activity includes student directions, a proposal sheet, and a scoring sheet for grading.
If you have any questions or comments about this resource, please feel free to email me at email@example.com