Poetry Vocabulary Cards! Make studying poetry FUN in whole groups, partners, individually, or centers with meaningful, research based strategies! This is a set of 16 poetry vocabulary cards that you can use with your students when teaching poetry. I created them to look like trading cards and my students LOVE using them.
This Poetry Trading Card Set includes:
• 16 poetry vocabulary cards with the word of a type of poetry on the front. The back has the types’ characteristics and an example.
• The same 16 poetry cards that can be used as task cards with the words on them but blank spaces on the back for students to fill in the characteristics and example of each type of poetry. Note: this space is very small so sometimes I have students do either the characteristics or an example.
• 8 blank cards that students can use to add more poetry to as they come across them in their studies.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their poetry cards in.
• A list of ways you can use these poetry cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research-based methods in my classroom.
I print these poetry cards out double sided on card stock so they look and feel like real trading cards but they work just as well on regular paper.
The 16 Poetry words included in this set of cards are:
• free verse
Here are some related poetry products:
Poetry Vocabulary Cards and Word Wall
- Best Deal: Save $2.00!
Poetry Vocabulary Word Wall
Check out my other ELA
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in
Poetry Vocabulary Cards
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License