Poetry Unit - 21 Patterns that are perfect for writing poems - Digital or Print
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- If you want your students to write amazing poems, a clear understanding of figurative language and plenty of practice can really help. Use the figurative language worksheets (with google slide option) to help your students master seven common types of figurative language: simile, metaphor, idioms, hPrice $11.17Original Price $13.96Save $2.79
This poetry unit is an all-encompassing, no-prep writing unit designed to help students work on their poetry writing skills! This works wonderfully for poetry month or any time of the year!
- 33 Poetry Activity Pages
- Google Slides
- Easel Activity
- Digital or Print
- Many Different Poem Types to Choose From
- Poetry Project Choice Grid
- 2 Pages of Ideas to Extend the Activity
- Poetry Reflection Questions
Great for 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This bundle includes this resource:
This resource uses American English and is editable.
Pattern poems are a great way to provide structure but still allow for plenty of creativity. While learning these patterns, your students will also be practicing syllables, parts of speech, and figurative language.
Perfect for National Poetry Month or use all year long - at a poetry center, as homework, with a sub, or anytime you need an open-ended, creative activity. Another idea is to use the patterns to write about a science or social studies content area, or perhaps about a book students are reading. Also great for holidays like Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Mother's Day.
In this product (on printable pages and google slides):
- More Cinquain Practice
- More Diamante Practice
- More Haiku Practice
- More Tanka Practice
- Bio Poem
- More Bio Poem Practice
- 5W Poem
- More 5W Poem Practice
- Verb Poem
- More Verb Poem Practice
- Holiday Poem
- More Holiday Poem Practice
- More Pensee Poem Practice
- Acrostic Poem
- More Acrostic Poem Practice
- More Quinzaine Practice
- More Septet Practice
- Proposition Poem
- Alliteration Poem
- Repeat it Poem
- Me: Fact or Fiction Poem
- Phone Number Poem
- Roll the Dice Poem
- Partner Poem
- Poetry Project Choice Grid
- Poem Reflection Questions (print only)
- More Fun with Poems (2 pages - print only)
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ "This poetry unit was perfect to use in my classroom. The layout and material was exactly what was needed to help them with completing the worksheets. I really liked that it has examples at the top and an explanation so they can look back at it when needed." - Charna D.
✏️ "This resource helped guide my students through different choices in which poems they wanted to write. The explanations were clear and concise allowing them to work independently. They have really enjoyed writing poetry, and are always excited to share their creations with their peers!" - Catherine P.
✏️ "LOVED this poetry bundle for my 4th graders! They had SO much fun learning about different types of poems and writing their own! Our 2 week poetry unit wasn't enough time to learn all the different types and we are so excited to come back to poems in February! Thank you for creating such a GREAT resource! :)" - Courtney W.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
- Visit the FAQs section
- submit a help ticket
- ask a question on the Q& A tab
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom