Teach students to love poetry with this 6 week 4th and 5th grade unit? This easy to use resource has everything you need to make teaching poetry exciting any time of the year.
The 31 day unit includes over 300 pages of resources for you and your students to learn to love poetry.
• 31+days of lesson plan on fourth and fifth grade reading and writing standards
• Lessons Included:, Beat, Rhyme, Rhythm, Lines, Stanzas, Verse, Meter, Implicit and Explicit Information, Figurative Language Reading for Main Idea, Author’s Purpose, Mood, Theme, Comparing and Contrasting poems and author’s point of view, Using Illustrations to find meaning. Writing -Diamantes, Acrostic Poems, Bio Poems, Free Verse Poems, Cinquains, Haiku, Shape, Free Verse, and Research Poems, Alliteration.
• 18 Original poems
• 72 page Student Handbook with the materials need the lessons. (Note quiz, test, and choice board pages are not included in the Student Handbook)
• Assessments (Quiz, Rubrics, Choice Board, Unit Test, and Checklists)
• Portfolio Publishing pages and Rubric
• Poetry Family Celebration Guidelines
• Appendix with Poems, Additional Lessons (Verse, Meter, Explicit Information, Implicit Information, Point of View, Mood, Theme, Similes, Metaphors, Personification, Hyperbole, and Figurative Language Scavenger Hunt) on other grade level standards, poetry close read for any poem, and bookmarks.
• Vocabulary Cards and Anchor Charts
• Essential Question and I Can Statement Posters
Check out the PREVIEW for a full list of lessons, photos, and additional lesson provided in this unit.
Follow me for more tips and ideas.
Click the follow button at the top of the page!
Bundle and save with the 4th and 5th Grade Creative Writing Bundle (Poetry, Fiction, and Personal Narrative)
Not Your Grade Level? Check out
2nd Grade Poetry Unit
3rd Grade Poetry Unit
Other Products You Might Enjoy
Poetry Literacy Center Bundle
Classroom Management Book and Planner
Writing Guides and Graphic Organizers
Morning Work Bundle: 4th Grade
Morning Work Bundle: 5th Grade