Ready to go! This complete unit has been taught and tested by intermediate school teachers throughout our district. It includes everything you need to teach poetry tomorrow. Plus it has beautifully coordinated colors, fonts and artwork.
* Powerpoint link to our Google Slides (46 slides)
* Booklet for student note-taking that follows the slides
* 5 sheets, front and back = 20 half-sheet pages
* Modified version of Booklet (Students can easily hi-light key words and phrases for a
quicker approach to note-taking)
* 23 Posters of Poetry & Literacy Terms
* Review Figurative Language and write notes
* Learn about various elements of poetry
*Create a book containing notes on how-to write specific poetry, example poetry, and
*Create a specific theme for all original poetry. i.e.- Food, sports, Summer, candy
Simile, Metaphor, Alliteration, Onomatopoeia, Personification, Hyperbole, Form,
Lines, Stanza, Free Verse, Rhyme, Rhyme Scheme, Repetition, Tone, Meter,
Imagery, Interjection, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Pronoun, Conjunction
PRINTING: For the booklet, we recommend printing the entire PDF file single-sided. Then turn every other page 180 degrees and copy it front-to-back. The same side pages have our branding in the lower right corner to help you line them up.