Ready to go! No prep, 3-week, interactive poetry unit for 5-7th grades. Our powerpoint outlines poetry terms, figurative language, and parts of speech, followed by 11 types of poems with examples. Students take notes in their own personalized Poetry Booklet and write their own original works. This download includes everything you need to teach poetry tomorrow. It's fun with beautifully coordinated colors, fonts and artwork.
* Powerpoint link to our Google Slides (46 slides)
* Poetry Booklet for student note-taking that follows the slides
* 5 letter-sized pages, printed front and back = 20 half-sheet pages
* BONUS Modified version of Booklet (Students can easily hi-light key words and phrases for a quicker approach to note-taking. Perfect for a Read 180 or Reading Recovery class.)
* 23 Posters of Poetry & Literacy Terms
* Review Figurative Language and write notes
* Learn about various elements of poetry
*Create a book containing notes on how-to write specific poetry, example poetry, and
*Create a specific theme for all original poetry. i.e.- Food, sports, Summer, candy
Simile, Metaphor, Alliteration, Onomatopoeia, Personification, Hyperbole, Form,
Lines, Stanza, Free Verse, Rhyme, Rhyme Scheme, Repetition, Tone, Meter,
Imagery, Interjection, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Pronoun, Conjunction
PRINTING: For the booklet, we recommend printing the entire PDF file single-sided. Then turn every other page 180 degrees and copy it front-to-back. The same side pages have our branding in the lower right corner to help you line them up.