Teach students to love poetry with this 6 week 3rd grade unit? This easy to use resource has everything you need to make teaching poetry exciting any time of the year.
The 29 day unit includes over 300 pages of resources for you and your students to learn to love poetry.
• 29+ days of lesson plan on third grade reading and writing standards
• 18 Original poems
• 57 page Student Handbook with the materials need the lessons. (Note quiz, test, and choice board pages are not included in the Student Handbook)
• Assessments (Quiz, Rubrics, Choice Board, Unit Test, and Checklists)
• Portfolio Publishing pages and Rubric
• Poetry Family Celebration Guidelines
• Appendix with Poems, Additional Lessons (Verse, Meter, Explicit Information, Implicit Information, Point of View, Mood, Theme, Similes, Metaphors, Personification, Hyperbole, and Figurative Language Scavenger Hunt) on other grade level standards, poetry close read for any poem, and bookmarks.
• Vocabulary Cards and Anchor Charts
• Essential Question and I Can Statement Posters
Check out the PREVIEW for a full list of lessons, photos, and additional lesson provided in this unit.
Follow me for more tips and ideas.
Click the follow button at the top of the page!
Bundle and save with the 3rd Grade Creative Writing Bundle (Poetry, Fiction, and Personal Narrative)
. 18 weeks of writing plans!
Other Products You Might Enjoy
2nd Grade Poetry Unit
4th and 5th Grade Poetry Unit
Poetry Literacy Center Bundle
Poetry Vocabulary Book and Anchor Charts
Copyright © Jessica Zannini. All rights reserved by the author. This product is for the original downloader only. Duplication for an entire school, school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. This product is intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. Clip-art and font credits are provided in the product file.