This unit provides teachers with EVERYTHING they need to successfully teach poetry and figurative language in both reading and writing workshops for an entire month!!
COPYRIGHT NOTE: This curriculum was completely researched, designed, and created by Jen Bengel at Out of This World Literacy™.
NEW 2nd EDITION: This unit was completely revised into a 2nd edition!
1. 20 reading and 20 writing mini lessons all linked to the Common Core and TEKS standards!
2. Students note-taking pages for all 40 lessons. Perfect to glue into reading and writing notebooks and keep the learning going all year long.
3. 20 printable graphic organizers designed specifically for each reading lesson.
4. 20 printable thinkmark graphic organizers for each reading lesson.
5. Writing rubrics for grading.
6. Writing editing and revising checklists.
7. Sample completed anchor charts for several lessons.
8. Mentor poems INCLUDED! There are 15 original poems with custom illustrations included.
9. TONS of teacher pages for organizing, conferencing, assessing, and note-taking.
This unit provides teachers with EVERYTHING they need to successfully launch both reading and writing workshops in the first month of school!!
************** PLEASE NOTE ****************
The mini lessons in this unit are the same as the lessons in the poetry units for grades 2-6. The only difference are the grade 3 standards attached.
Download the free preview to see more.
Copyright © 2014 Jen Bengel - Out of This World Literacy™️
2nd Edition © 2019
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.