Share 30 different forms of poems with your students -- and challenge them to write poems in these different forms. A mentor text and directions are included for each type of poem -- making this a self-paced warm up, bell ringer, or creative writing challenge.
You can use this flexible resource any time of year. Students can choose what poems to write or you can decide.
This print and digital resource includes:
- These 30 different poetic forms with mentor poem and “recipe” for writing:
Poetry in song
- "What is Poetry?” notes
- Poetry writing tips
- What is rhythm?
- What is rhyme scheme?
- Three idea generator graphic organizers
- Blank note pages for class notes
- Self-assessment questions
- Editable rubric
- Suggestions for teaching
Students can work at their own pace, or you can use each poem as a daily writing challenge.
So many reasons to ♡ this resource:
- Ready to use – print or digital.
- Projected a digital slide for a whole-class lesson.
- Perfect for National Poetry Month
- introduction to poetry, writing tips, idea generator pages, blank pages for notes
- creative writing warm up!
- use multiple times
- great for warm ups, literacy centers, writing workshop, creative writing, differentiation, and sub activity
- students can work at their own pace – self assessment included
- students can turn in one poem or the entire notebook
- so many poems to choose from!
- editable rubric makes it easy to grade.
What other teachers are saying:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I loved all the choice within this one resource. LOTS of different types of poetry--some I had never heard of! Great opportunities for students to learn to love poetry if they might be thinking poetry is hard or they're no good at writing."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This product is absolutely AMAZING!! I loved using this with my students, would highly recommend!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "A great resource. The material is easy to incorporate into the classroom and the students enjoyed the process."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"This was such a great way for students to create their poetry collection."
You'll have access to the digital file in the PDF.
Why not write a sonnet?
If you love teaching poetry, I’ve got you covered! Check out these ready-to-use poetry resources: Poetry Resources: Analyze & Write ‘em!
I would love to have you follow my store. Just click the little green star by my store name, and you'll be the first to learn about freebies, sales, and new products.
♥ I can't wait to hear from you! I read all feedback, and if you have any questions, just leave a message for me in the Q&A below. I'll get right back to you!
♥ Happiness always!