This bundle includes both my poetry unit and figurative language centers.
The POETRY UNIT includes some activities to introduce poetry as well as pages with 12 different poems for students to read and write. A sample is given for each type of poem before asking students to write their own.
Page 2- how to introduce a poem- great tips that get your kids excited about poetry!
Page 3- a senses chart for sorting sensory words
Page 4- a description of figurative language
Page 5- a worksheet for students to determine the type of figurative language used
Page 6- elements of poetry along with a poem to find them
Page 7- a worksheet that can be used in a poetry center
Pages 8-19- Poem worksheets with samples and writing space
Page 20- final copy paper for their favorite
The FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE CENTERS make learning figurative language FUN!
My class completed these centers today and loved them! I had them create a folder with a large piece of paper and staple it on the sides Then they had a place to keep their finished work.
This pack includes six literacy centers on:
1. onomatopoeia- creating pictures to depict a sound word
2. alliteration- writing alliterative sentences about a classmate
3. similes and metaphors- writing similes and metaphors using word cards
4. personification- giving human characteristics to items in pictures
5. hyperbole- writing hyperboles on Popsicles or cups of cocoa-- a great bulletin board idea!
6. idioms- drawing and writing the literal and figurative meaning of phrases
Each center is fun and engaging while giving students much-needed practice with figurative language. Check out the preview for a sample!
Polka Dot Graphics by The Hazel Owl @ http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Hazel-Owl”
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License