This bundle includes both my poetry unit and figurative language centers.
The POETRY UNIT includes some activities to introduce poetry as well as pages with 14 different poems for students to read and write. A sample is given for each type of poem before asking students to write their own.
✏Page 2- A way to introduce poetry
✏Page 3- Cover for poetry notebook
✏Pages 4-11- Figurative Language Types including an explanation and student worksheets
✏Pages 12-13- Poetic Devices
✏Page 14- Poetry study form for any poem
✏Pages 15-29- Poetry writing pages including an example and room for students to write
✏Page 30- Poetry Scavenger Hunt-- A fun way to end the unit.
The FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE CENTERS make learning figurative language FUN!
My class completed these centers today and loved them! I had them create a folder with a large piece of paper and staple it on the sides Then they had a place to keep their finished work.
This pack includes six literacy centers on:
1. onomatopoeia- creating pictures to depict a sound word
2. alliteration- writing alliterative sentences about a classmate
3. similes and metaphors- writing similes and metaphors using word cards
4. personification- giving human characteristics to items in pictures
5. hyperbole- writing hyperboles on Popsicles or cups of cocoa-- a great bulletin board idea!
6. idioms- drawing and writing the literal and figurative meaning of phrases
Each center is fun and engaging while giving students much-needed practice with figurative language. Check out the preview!