-The poetry and figurative language project is a poetry portfolio that allows for a great deal of differentiation and individualized learning. Teacher and students decide how many poems to write. This can be individualized to the student.
-Students must identify the figurative language used. Teacher can determine how many types of figurative language should be used in poetry.
-This project can be used as an end of unit assessment or can be used as a way of teaching poetry and figurative language.
- The poetry project is a wonderful way for students to explore figurative language, poetry, and their creativity. Not only is this lesson fun, but it addresses many common core standards and can be differentiated to best meet student needs. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
-Included in the project:
1. Teacher lesson description and steps to introduce the project
2. Assignment Guide
3. Example poetry and descriptions of the different types of poetry
4. Example rubric or menu
5. Blank rubric or menu for students to complete and teacher to use as assessment.
6. List of types of figurative language and definitions