Also included in
- Teaching poetry writing to 2nd and 3rd graders can be challenging! But, with this poetry writing unit for elementary students, your class will become writing ROCKSTARS! Even those who hate to write can find success.You get 40 quick writing activities!You will love the graphic organizers to get your$9.00$12.00Save $3.00
Are you looking for poetry writing activities for 2nd grade? Need writing prompts for 3rd grade? This poetry and writing unit has all you need to support process writing in your class.
These poetry writing worksheets scaffold young writers during the prewriting and drafting stages.
Here's What's Included:
- Brainstorming Worksheets to jot down descriptive words and phrases that can be used for future writing pieces.
- Pattern Poems are great for emergent writers and provide instant success while allowing for individual choices to create an original poem.
- Acrostic Poems for FALL and AUTUMN
- Writing Prompt Task Cards to use at learning centers.
- Seasonal Color Photographs to inspire sensory writing and imagery
- Thematic Stationery with two different line styles. Color or black and white versions. Perfect for final drafts and bulletin boards.
- Bulletin Board Letters
- "Fantastic writing activities for second grade! High level of success."
- "Loved this!" - Extremely satisfied
Click on the PREVIEW to see sample pages
The best part of this resource is that you can tailor it to your teaching style whether you have a writing center, like to provide mini-lessons, or use a writer’s workshop format.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I hope you find this resource beneficial in your classroom.
Please remember that these activities are for just you and your students.
If you would like a copy of this product for more than one teacher, please download additional licenses, available at a great discounted price.
Electronic distribution is limited to SINGLE classroom use only. Do not post this product electronically in ANY form. Do not copy or sell any part of this product. To do so violates the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Copyright © Alison Monk All rights reserved the author.
The Literacy Garden LLC
For more ideas and teacher tips:
♥ The Literacy Garden is committed to designing resources that help students grow in ELA proficiency and become successful readers and writers. I'd love to hear how this resource worked with your class!