Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.77 MB | 13 pages
Since the myth of Icarus overreaching is so relevant to Frankenstein, I have students read three poems about Icarus while reading the novel: Field's "Icarus," Williams" "Landscape with the Fall of Icarus," and Sexton's "To A To Friend Whose Work Has Come to Triumph."
The following are included in this product:
* an interactive PowerPoint discussion comparing Williams' poem to Renaissance paintings of the myth
* an AP Literature & Composition simulated AP poetry prompt comparing Williams' poem to Sexton's poem
* a PowerPoint debriefing of the 2009 AP Literature & Composition poetry prompt on Field's "Icarus" focusing on introduction and thesis writing
* a handout of a "9" essay responding to this prompt
* a handout with sample introduction paragraphs