Since the myth of Icarus overreaching is so relevant to Frankenstein, I have students read three poems about Icarus while reading the novel: Field's "Icarus," Williams" "Landscape with the Fall of Icarus," and Sexton's "To A To Friend Whose Work Has Come to Triumph."
The following are included in this product:
* an interactive PowerPoint discussion comparing Williams' poem to Renaissance paintings of the myth
* an AP Literature & Composition simulated AP poetry prompt comparing Williams' poem to Sexton's poem
* a PowerPoint debriefing of the 2009 AP Literature & Composition poetry prompt on Field's "Icarus" focusing on introduction and thesis writing
* a handout of a "9" essay responding to this prompt
* a handout with sample introduction paragraphs