Also included in
- This is a Poetry Mega File. It includes the poetry print file, the poetry music and video files, and the interactive notebooks.NOW WITH SEESAW 1 CLICK LINKS: The poem has been added and the sorting activities are not added for SEESAW and Google Slides friendly Powerpoint Files. I am adding these l$120.00$177.00Save $57.00
- Poetry for shared reading? Absolutely! Each poem of the week is perfect for you to use with your kindergarten or first-grade students. These poems are set to a familiar tune that your students can sing along with. Easy fluency practice that is both fun and engaging. These daily shared reading poems$75.00$90.00Save $15.00
Poetry for shared reading? Absolutely! Each poem of the week is perfect for you to use with your kindergarten or first-grade students. These poems are set to a familiar tune that your students can sing along with. Easy fluency practice that is both fun and engaging. These daily shared reading poems are back-to-school themed. Your students will love these poetry lessons! You will love how easy they are to use.
Rhyming, rhythm, and song are all a part of these kid friendly poems.
HOW THESE POETRY UNITS WILL HELP YOU:
☀ I have done all of the planning for you with a 5-day fluency plan. This will give your ideas to include during your shared reading time. This will allow you to teach your students with ease.
☀ Because my poems are set to familiar tunes, your students will learn them quickly. You will find them singing the poems again and again... even when it is not poetry time!
☀ Poetry for shared reading provides quick activities that are great for community building.
☀ These poems are given in a variety of formats so you can select the version that works best for you. You can make a pocket chart activity, display the poem under your document camera, or in Google Classroom or Seesaw.
BACK TO SCHOOL POEMS THAT ARE INCLUDED:
• Name Chant: We always want to start the year with student names. Why not include this in your poetry time?
• Apples: Your students will love counting apples as they sing this poem.
• Family: Families are all different. Brothers? Sisters? Both? or None? Your students will love this family poem.
• A Sticky Situation: We all know how glue can get out of control in kindergarten!
This poem is all about using glue correctly!
• Time for School: This is a fun back to school poem that has been set to a familiar tune.
EACH POEM INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
→ Common core standards aligned chart.
→ 5-day fluency plan so you can keep these poetry activities going all week
→ An emergent reader for each poem
→ A student copy for their poetry notebook
→ An "I Can" chart so students can work independently at the poetry center
→ Two center activities you can use during your poetry time or place them in your student centers.
PHONICS AND WORD WORK ACTIVITIES ARE INCLUDED IN THIS SET:
★ classify shapes
★ initial sounds s p l
★ initial sound match a-z
★ classify nouns
★ initial sounds m d f
★ classify boy girl
★ rhyming ee ie
★ classify colors
★ classify set values
★ rhyming number/object
WHY POETRY AND SONG?
Brain research shows that multiple areas in the brain are activated when students see print, hear music, and move. This leads to more engaged learning and JOY!!! We want students to love shared reading, so adding songs means we say good bye to boring! WOOT!
Once the weekly poem has been used, add the poem to your poetry center. Your kindergarten and first-grade students will love visiting them again and again!
✅ YOU CAN SAVE MONEY BY PURCHASING THE BUNDLE
NOW WITH SEESAW 1 CLICK LINKS: The poem and the sorting activities are added for SEESAW and Google Slides-friendly Powerpoint Files.
♫ Music and Video Files
I am thrilled to tell you that we have recorded MP3 and MP4 music files to go along with these poems. These music files are wonderful for your students to sing-a-long with. They are available with this additional purchase:
If your class uses interactive notebooks, this interactive journal resource is also available:
Read how I implement this poetry resource as part of a 5-day fluency plan AND grab a free sample:
LISTEN TO WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Nicole says, "I love how this resource covers so many phonemic awareness and phonics skills with the use of engaging poems. My students enjoy reading the poem every week and they can definitely build on those foundational skills with the included activities. "
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Slager's Time Savers says, "I'm loving these poems, and they've went with our weekly themes. We insert the poem into our poetry books and highlight letters/words. They've also done better with the cut & paste sheets than I anticipated."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ How I Met Your Teacher says, " I always loved these poetry sets. What I love more is that they have been adapted to support my students in distance and hybrid learning through Seesaw!! They have made my teacher life much easier!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Ashley G. says, "When I taught second grade shared reading was my favorite time of day. Since moving to kindergarten I have struggled with shared reading. I love this resource--it keeps students engaged and active during shared reading. Thank you for adding the SeeSaw component--it will be perfect for my students who are hybrid this year."