Poems for study include:
'"Young Girl at a Window"
"Landscape in Italy"
"The Rape of Europa"
The zip file of resources are made up of the following:
1. Language Checklist
A useful study tool to revise at a glance imagery for the seven HSC prescribed poems
2. Chance Met Imagery
A series of Bloom's analysis tasks which focuses around imagery in 'Chance Met'.
3. Landscape in Italy Close Reading
Six paragraph style questions.
4. Young Girl at a Window - in Detail
A series of close reading questions which explores the theory that the girl in the window is actually the poet herself, Rosemary Dobson, as well as a look at tone and the choices the girl makes.
5. The Rape of Europa Mythological Context
Provides a starting point to explore the connections between the myth and the poem.
6. Azay-le-Rideau Analysis
Questions which examines the poem from a range of perspectives.
7. Looking at Tone and Context in 'Romantic'
Students initially compare 'Romantic' with the Dr Zhivago type context before exploring time, voice, viewpoint and intentions of the poem. Lara's theme by itself is enough to transport the class back to turn of the century Russia!
8. PowerPoint: Primitive Painters Key Ideas and Context
- Instructions: 1. Each picture will be shown to the class. They are not on a timer, so the teacher will click on each one individually. There are 5 pictures to study. 2. Students are to study each picture carefully. You will only get to see each picture once. 3. Afterwards you will need to complete a series of questions based on what you have just seen. 4. As you discuss the answers in pairs, there are some discussion points each picture raises. Think about their significance as you record your responses as part of a wider classroom discussion. (think, pair, share)