Year 1/Kindergarten: Performing Classic Poetry
Edward Lear - 2 week unit
A two-week literacy unit of work for Year 1/Kindergarten, containing lesson plans and pupil resources, looking at some of Lear's most funny and imaginative poems. In this unit pupils will:
- listen to classic poems by Edward Lear
- investigate the sounds and language patterns of the poem
- make a comic version of 'The Owl and the Pussycat'
- identify rhyming words and patterns
- make a new version of the poem 'The Jumblies'
- prepare and give a performance to an audience
The poems include 'The Owl and the Pussycat', 'Calico Pie' and 'The Jumblies'.