Also included in
- This is a bundle of 2 poetry activities! Use these as part of your literacy stations or as stand-alone poetry writing activities. These are great for National Poetry Month in April!Here's what you get:United Colors of PoetryPoetry Quilt Mini-UnitBONUS MATERIAL! Poetry Presentation Party! Invitations$7.23$8.50Save $1.27
- This bundle includes:1. Roll of Dice Poetry2. Jenga Poetry3. Poetry Task Cards4. Recycled Holiday Cards Poetry Writing5. Poetry With Friends--Halloween6. Poetry With Friends--Earth Day7. United Color of Poetry--Paint Chip Inspired Poetry Writing8. Poetry Quilt9. Poetry Graphic Organizers10$21.35$30.50Save $9.15
Poetry writing activities include: Haiku, Expand a Poem, and Strikeout! Perfect for your literacy centers, National Poetry Day, and National Poetry Month!
I love teaching poetry! Poetry writing represents an opportunity for your students to truly exercise their minds. The teaching and learning of poetry does not have to be drudgery. Yes, students do need to learn the basics like poetry terms and genres, but why not start your poetry unit with some fun activities? Give them a chance to play with the language. This will help them develop confidence and enjoyment.
I encourage you to write poetry alongside your students. Let them hear you working out problems in your own writing. Share your poetry with your students. Ask them for help and advice. By developing a community of writers, your students will want to take chances with their writing because they’ll feel safe in doing so.
The completed poetry quilt squares make a stunning bulletin board display!
Here's what you get:
- Teacher directions and lesson plans
- 5 different poetry quilt squares for students to display their writing
- Full color sample of 3 different poetry quilt squares
- Poetry peer conferencing form
- *Note: I did not supply a rubric for this creative activity. This is in accordance with my educational philosophy as listed in my profile. Sometimes it's good to just let the students create and learn just for education's sake.
- Colored pencils
- Sharpies or other markers
If you like this creative product, you may also like:
keywords: poetry, quilt squares, art, creative, bulletin board displays, National Poetry Month, April, creative writing, National Poetry Day, captivatemotivateeducate, art