Also included in
- This bundle includes:1. Roll of Dice Poetry2. Jenga Poetry3. Poetry Task Cards4. Recycled Holiday Cards Poetry Writing5. Poetry With Friends--Halloween6. Poetry With Friends--Earth Day7. United Color of Poetry--Paint Chip Inspired Poetry Writing8. Poetry Quilt9. Poetry Graphic Organizers10$21.35$30.50Save $9.15
Students will use Christmas and other holiday cards to write a poem.
Do you have a stash of Christmas and holiday cards just gathering dust? They’re just too pretty and special to throw away, right? So why not recycle them? So many of the holiday cards feature evocative winter scenes, and scenes of family, home, and hearth. These visuals can be used to inspire poetry writing.
Here's what you get:
- Teacher directions
- Student brainstorming template--5 different prompts to help students think about words and phrases they might include in the poem they will write. Questions include: If you lived in the world of the card, what could you hear? What could you touch?
- Full color sample of a poem inspired by a holiday card with ideas on how students might creatively display their poems.
- *Note: I did not supply a rubric for this creative activity. This is in accordance with my educational philosophy as listed in my profile. Sometimes it's good to just let the students create and learn just for education's sake.
- A stash of holiday greeting cards
- Colorful papers
If you like this creative product, you may also like:
The Word Wall Games!
One-Pager for ANY Poem!
keywords: templates, recycle, holiday cards, poetry, poem, Christmas, holidays, graphic organizers, captivatemotivateeducate, ela, English, middle school, high school, winter, ecology, environment, recycled, upcycled, repurposed, bulletin board ideas, bulletin board displays, literacy centers, learning centers,