Also included in
- This is a huge bundle of 6 poetry activities! Use these as part of your literacy stations or as stand-alone activities. These are great for National Poetry Month in April!Here's what you get:Poetry With Friends--Earth Day EditionPoetry With Friends--Halloween EditionPoetry With Friends--*always a frPrice $9.10Original Price $13.00Save $3.90
- This bundle includes:1. Roll of Dice Poetry2. Jenga Poetry3. Poetry Task Cards4. Recycled Holiday Cards Poetry Writing5. Poetry With Friends--Halloween6. Poetry With Friends--Earth Day7. United Color of Poetry--Paint Chip Inspired Poetry Writing8. Poetry Quilt9. Poetry Graphic Organizers10Price $21.35Original Price $30.50Save $9.15
- This bundle includes:1. Scrabble Battle2. Roll of Dice Poetry3. Roll a Character4. Jenga Icebreaker--Back to School5. The Word Wall Games6. Jenga Poetry****************************Perfect for collaborative, hands-on learning, literacy stations, vocabulary practice, creative writing, early finiPrice $15.60Original Price $19.50Save $3.90
Roll of Dice Poetry lets students roll the dice to write lines of poetry. Great for literacy stations and learning stations.
If you're like me, you're wondering how to make English class more hands-on. Roll of Dice Poetry lets you do just that. What could be more fun than rolling the dice to determine how many lines of poetry will be in your poem, and rolling the dice again to find out how many words will be in each line?
Here's an example:
Roll the dice= 12, that means your poem will have 12 lines.
Roll the dice again=3, that means your first line of your poem will have 3 words.
Roll the dice again=7, that means your second line of your poem will have 7 words.
This continues until your poem is complete.
After, the student can add colorful images to complement the poem.
FUN, FUN, FUN!!
You will need to furnish regular dice, or why not try a 20-sided dice?
Here's what you get:
- A template which has the instructions and a space for students to write their poem and add drawings.
- You will also receive photos of several poems my students have created.
*Note: I did not supply a rubric for this creative activity. This is in accordance with my educational philosophy as listed in my profile. Sometimes it's good to just let the students create and learn just for education's sake.
If you like this creative product, you may also like:
Learning Stations--HABITS OF MIND
Your Journey Begins Today--Collaborative Poster
keywords: dice, writing station, poetry, games, fun, poems, gamification, gamify, bulletin board ideas, drawing, art, creative, captivate motivate educate, ela, high school English, English teacher, creative writing, literacy stations, literacy centers