This Point-Slope Review Circuit is designed to provide students with practice in writing the equation of a line in slope-intercept form given an equation in point-slope form, a point and a slope, and two points.
NOTE: This circuit is designed with practice and support in mind and may not be as challenging as other circuits. It was created as a “no-excuses” homework assignment for one class and a substitute review assignment for another.
Questions require students to complete the following tasks:
• Given an equation in point-slope form, rewrite in slope-intercept form
• Given an equation in point-slope form, identify the slope
• Given an equation in point-slope form, identify the coordinate of the point used to write the equation
• Given a point and a slope, write the equation of the line (including a coordinate of zero)
• Given two points calculate the slope (formula given)
• Given two points write the equation of the line (immediately following calculate the slope problems)