Eight stations include practice or review identifying the point, slope, y-intercept and x-intercept of linear equations written in point-slope form, slope-intercept form and standard form.
Students work in groups of three, labeling themselves Student A, Student B and Student C. Each student works their own problem at a station in their own notebook. Students then add their three answers together for the “Sum”. They check the back of the station/page to see if the “Sum” of their answers is correct before moving to the next station. Students may rotate through the stations in any order.
Print each page on card stock or paper. Write only the numerical “Sum” of the three answers on the back of the corresponding page for students to check. Attach the pages to the walls around the room as stations for the students to visit.
Included in the package:
• Eight “Sum It Up” pages/stations, each with three problems, to put on walls around the classroom
• “Sum” answers to write on the back of each page/station for students to use
• Detailed answer key for the teacher
This activity works well in the middle of a lesson when students are actively learning a new skill and can also be used as a review.
The instructions are clearly marked on the students’ page and the answer key is included.
You might also like:
• Solve Linear Equations Placemat Activities (5 pack)
• Write and Rewrite Linear Equations Placemat Activities (7 pack)
• Systems of Linear Equations Placemat Activities (8 pack)
• Find Slope & Y-Intercept Sum It Up Activity (7 stations)
• Parallel & Perpendicular Lines Sum It Up Activity (6 stations)
• Solve Systems of Linear Equations Sum It Up Activity (8 stations)
• Graph Linear Equations Problems Pass Activity (12 problems)
• Linear Graphs Scavenger Hunt Activity (6 stations)
• Write Linear Equations From Context Problem Pass Activity (6 problems)
• Write Systems of Linear Inequalities Problem Pass Activity (6 problems)
• Solve Quadratic Equations Sum It Up Activity (7 stations)
• Absolute Value Functions Sum It Up Activity (6 stations)
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.