Do your students need practice identifying the different points of view? This set of cards is a fun, versatile way to get your students to be proficient with this skill.
3rd person omniscient, objective, and limited
This is a set of cards with 24 different short text excerpts written using various points of view . Students are challenged to decide which point of view the author used. There are many ways these cards could be used.
1. Use with blank game boards. At the beginning of each turn, the student must draw a card and identify the point of view correctly. If the student is correct, he/she gets to roll the dice/spinner and move his/her pawn.
2. Use as a competitive game with partners or small groups. Each student who draws a card and correctly identifies the point of view keeps the card. The winner is the student who collects the most cards. You can throw in a few "Gotcha" cards if you like. When a Gotcha card is drawn, the student loses all his collected cards.
3. Use as a literacy center for students to use independently with a sorting mat. Use the answer key to self check.
4. I’ve included a student worksheet to use as a center or independent activity. Students will use the cards to identify the correct point of view as well as identify the key words that indicate the point of view. If 1st person, you could also have students identify who the narrator is.
5. Use the cards in a game of “Scoot”. Place a card at each desk. Give each student a recording sheet. They “scoot” around the room in a given pattern and record the answers on their sheet. Great for times when students need a movement activity.
6. Use each card as a writing prompt when teaching students to write using different points of view. Give students a few cards, have them write the surrounding story, incorporating the excerpt on the card. The challenge is to use the same point of view as is on the card.
I’m sure you will find many creative uses for these cards. These are a just few I’ve used in my classroom. I would love to hear your ideas as well. Please leave a comment about your ideas on the feedback section of my TpT store.
You can also buy this set as part of a bundle of all my practice cards!
ELA Cards Bundle"
Or - this product goes hand in hand with my Point of View Interactive Notebook Pages"