What would a tree think about Christmas? Students will love writing from the Christmas tree’s point of view! Writing from a different point of view can be tricky, but getting students engaged is half the battle. This writing pack includes step by step instructions on planning, writing, and revising the point of view narrative essay.
Everything you need to teach and assess point of view narrative essay writing! These materials are easily adaptable to meet the needs of 3rd - 6th graders. While teaching the basics of narrative writing, these materials will engage your students and motivate them to write. They will also reinforce the importance of using the 6+1 Writing Traits. Ready to print and teach!
**PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO SEE ALL PAGES OF THIS PRODUCT.
THE PREVIEW IS VERY LOW RESOLUTION SO THAT ALL PAGES OF THE PRODUCT CAN BE INCLUDED.**
Included in the download is one .pdf format file:
• High-interest point of view narrative writing prompt
• A Guide for helping students understand why pre-writing is important
• Planning/Pre-writing sheets
• Student-friendly reference sheets that can used throughout the year for a variety of writing assignments:
o What is a Personal Narrative Essay?
o How to Organize a Personal Narrative essay
o Writing Introductions and Conclusions
o Signal/Transition Words
o Planning Map example
o Personal Narrative essay example
• Detailed revision checklist
• Rubric for easy and thoughtful assessment of 6+1 Writing Traits
• Grading Sheet
• Decorative Writing Paper for publishing/presentation
• Clear Instructions and tips for teaching narrative writing
If you purchased this product, feedback is greatly appreciated!
Copyright © 2016 R. Russell. All rights reserved by author.