Identifying the narrator’s or author’s point of view is an essential reading skill that is often assessed on standardized tests. This 3-day mini-unit is designed to help students understand how to identify an author’s point of view. Filled with point of view reading passages, worksheets, activities, and graphic organizers, this resource will develop students' reading skills!
You can find this unit in this BUNDLE as well: Reading Comprehension Skills - Point of View, Comparing and Contrasting, and Summarizing Mini-Units.
This 3-day common core unit provides:
* 3 Detailed Daily Lesson Plans
* Object Pairings - Point of View
* Creative Writing Activity
* 8 Mini Point of View Passages
* Point of View Toss Answer Sheets
* Mock Trial - Case Facts
* Mock Trial - Judge’s Role
* Mock Trial - Defendant’s Point of View
* Mock Trial - Plaintiff’s Point of View
* Guided Notes on Point of View
* 3 Short Practice Passages
* Notes on Point of View in Fictional Texts
* Point of View Perspectives Worksheet
* Point of View Letters
* Point of View Questions
* Paired Passages
* Multiple-Choice Practice
* All Keys for student work and instruction
This unit encourages modeling, hands-on activities, and lots of reading comprehension practice. Through creative activities like writing from an object’s point of view, playing a point of view toss game, and participating in a mock trial, students become actively involved in their learning. Students learn how to identify an author’s point of view through direct instruction and ample opportunities to practice the skill of identifying point of view with original reading passages. This mini-unit not only engages students in their learning, but also helps them truly develop this critical reading comprehension skill.
Looking for more engaging resources to teach point of view?
Then, you should check out this Point of View - 6 Active Learning Centers Resource.
This unit is included in BUNDLES
. You can check them out here:
--- Reading Comprehension Skills - 3 Mini-Units Bundle
- Compare & Contrast, Summarizing, and Point of View
--- Reading Comprehension Skills - ULTIMATE BUNDLE - 12 Mini-Units!
You may also like…
Speech Analysis Unit --- Reading, Analyzing, Researching, Presenting
Poetry Reading, Writing, and Analyzing BUNDLE!
Test Prep Bundle
- Answering Multiple Choice Questions, Responding to Short Answer Questions, and Motivational Test Prep
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
*** Click HERE
to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter
filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
*** Click HERE
to become a seller on TpT
(Referral by Brain Waves Instruction)
Brain Waves Instruction