Also included in
- Printable and digital reading centers! Reading centers are the perfect way to have your students practice reading skills in isolation of novels and independent reading.Note: All of the puzzles now include digital versions! See pages 3-4 of each PDF for details and links to access the digital reading$24.00$36.00Save $12.00
- This is a heavily discounted MEGA bundle of all of the reading centers and games for 4th and 5th grade that I have available in my TeachersPayTeachers store. Here are the bundles included in this MEGA bundle (click on each resource to read more about the centers included):Fiction Reading Comprehensi$116.00$232.00Save $116.00
Puzzles are not just for primary grades or math. These point of view puzzles will not only allow your students to practice 4th/5th grade level point of view skills, but they will also be engaged with the format of the practice.
Note: This point of view activity now includes DIGITAL reading puzzles as well as printable ones. See pages 3-4 of the PDF for the details and links.
This reading center resource includes 16 point of view puzzles to practice identifying point of view of fictional stories (1st person and 3rd person only).
Two different versions of the puzzles are included to help you best use this resource for your students.
Version 1: The students will read each text, determine if the story is written from a 1st person point of view or a 3rd person point of view, and then find the puzzle piece that matches. An optional recording sheet allows you to use this version and also have some students do the advanced part from Version 2. Using the advanced recording sheets, the students also determine who the narrator is if the story is written from 1st person point of view. If the story is 3rd person point of view, they will determine if it is 3rd person objective, 3rd person limited, or 3rd person omniscient.
Version 2: The students will read each text, determine the point of view of the story, and find the puzzle piece that best matches. This version of the puzzles will require the students to find the puzzle piece that provides the point of view and the correct narrator for 1st person point of view stories and the correct type of 3rd person point of view for stories written from the 3rd person point of view.
Answer keys are included.
For the digital version, the students will read two stories per slide. They will then determine the point of view used to narrate each story.
There are TWO versions:
•Version 1 – 6 choices per slide, includes types of 3rd person point of view
•Version 2- Scaffolded – 4 choices per slide, include types of 3rd person
To make this point of view activity work in a digital format, the template has been modified and reimaged for optimal digital use.
This digital activity has been created for use with Google Slides. Please see the preview to see the digital point of view puzzles.
Need More Digital Reading Activities for 4th and 5th Grade?
- Self- Grading Digital Reading with Google Forms
- Digital Reading Activities for Grades 4-5
- 4th and 5th Grade Reading Intervention
- 4th and 5th Grade Digital Reading Review
- Digital Theme Activities
- Digital Inference Activities
- Digital Poetry Activities
- Digital Text Structure Activities
- Digital Color by Reading Activities
- Digital Reading Sorts
- Digital Reading Anchor Charts
- Digital Reading Flipbooks
- Digital Reading Notebooks