Includes 24 Point of View task cards, helping students develop reasoning, logic, and critical thinking in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
Common Core standards addressed in this resource:
- Assess how point of view or purpose shapes the content and style of a text (RL.6)
- Interpret words and phrases as they are used in a text... including how specific word choices shape meaning or tone (RL.4)
- Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it (RL.1)
- Use evidence from the text (task card) to support analysis and ideas (W.9)
- Participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners. (SL.1)
There are many ways you can use these task cards in your classroom:
- teaching or reteaching small groups
- as a warm-up before a writing lesson
- in an interactive writing lesson
- in literacy centers
- tutoring individual students- as an activity for partner discussion
- as an activity for a sub
- as an pre- or post-assessment
I hope you and your kiddos enjoy this resource!
You may also be interested in these related products:
Cause and Effect Reading and Writing Task Cards
Sequencing Reading and Writing Task Cards
Problem and Solution Reading and Writing Task Cards
Be sure to "follow me" to receive freebies and to be notified of 50% off new products for the first 48 hours!
Visit my blog: One Lucky Teacher
Follow me on Facebook
Find me on Instagram