This classroom poster is designed to help students master 4th grade CCSS RL.4.6: Compare and contrast the point of view from which different stories are narrated, including the difference between first and third person narrations.
The poster includes the following for each point of view:
• Key words
• Example sentence
The poster also includes a student friendly “I can” statement.
Enlarge this poster to hang in your classroom. This poster would be a great poster to use as a mini lesson.
Possible Mini Lesson Plan:
Whole Group Portion of Activity
1. Give each student a copy of the poster.
2. Read a paragraph from multiple selections of literature.
3. Ask students to compare and contrast the point of view of the text.
4. As a class, discuss and highlight important information to remember on the poster.
Independent/Small group Portion of Activity
1. Students cut the bottom columns off the poster and cut out the different boxes at the bottom of the poster.
2. Students glue the top portion in an interactive reading/writing journal.
3. After “mixing up” the cut out pieces, students review the point of view content by gluing them in the journal under the appropriate column. This creates a reference for future activities.
4. Once the reference page is completed, students can record independently read literature under the appropriate column or write original text that exemplify a specific point of view.
Watermark will be removed from downloadable copy.
Did you know that when you provide feedback on an item, you get credits that can be used later in a TpT store! Make sure to leave feedback in order to get this great discount!
Click the red star to follow me... you'll know right away when I've posted new products.
Additional Point of View Products:
Point of View - Includes reading posters, handouts, bookmarks, interactive notebook
Copyright© 2013 The Moeller Express
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not editable.
Graphics From http://www.etsy.com/shop/PrettifulDesigns