Poison by Roald Dahl SHORT STORY BUNDLE
This is a bundle of worksheets and other resources designed to be used with the short story, Poison, by Roald Dahl. It was developed over a seven year period. It includes
1. A 23 question scavenger hunt which is meant to enhance enjoyment and comprehension while reading the short story, "Poison," by Raold Dahl. It is a wonderful story that my students didn't enjoy so much until I used this scavenger hunt technique. Now they love it. There is also an answer sheet that accompanies the activity. I think your class will enjoy it too.
2. Post reading comprehension questions related to events from the story with answer sheet
3. A vocabulary activity related to the story
4. A crossword puzzle related to events and items important to the plot of the story
5. A power Point related cslled, Most Common Fears and Phobias. This is an interactive power point which introduces your students to the most common phobias that plague or at least irritate mankind. It is fun and begins by asking students to match phobias by their common prefixes. It is a great vocabulary builder that helps students connect these prefixes to other vocabulary words. It stimulates student interest and at the same time is a useful learning tool. I have also used it with Poison, Romeo and Juliet (remember Juliet drinks poison.
6. A fear and phobia jeopardy game related to the powwer point and phobia lesson
I think your students will enjoy and learn while using this bundle of activities