Engage your students with a classroom/school version of Pokemon Go, Students will search for Pokemon around the school and fill up their Pokedex as they do - just like the real game!
I designed this for use in my middle school math classroom to use as an extra credit opportunity. I wanted to extend the activity throughout the entire year so that Pokemon only appear one at a time for two weeks, then they are gone. Students find a Pokemon with a posted problem, solve it and return the work to me for extra credit points. They receive a sticker to fill up their Pokedex that they keep in their own folder. Pokedex's are turned in each nine weeks so that points may get recorded in the gradebook.
What a great way to entice your students to study! It also helps them stay organized and be accountable for keeping track of their own work and keep up with due dates.
Edit the game to suit your own subject and grade level. The possible ways to use the Pokedex and Pokemon characters is truly endless:
- Classroom scavenger hunt
- Enrichment and/or remediation
- Standardized test review
INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
1 zip file containing 1 .pdf and 1 .ppt file
- Editable Pokedex that is fully editable containing 20 Pokemon characters to correspond to whatever questions you choose to use (not included as this is for any subject and grade)
- Editable "How to Play" instruction sheet so that you may revise to suit your personal use.
- Editable Pokepasses that you could cut out and laminate for students to use as they hunt around the school for Pokemon
- 20 printable Pokemon characters to cut out and laminate if you choose
- Detailed description of my own personal use as well as suggestions for other uses.
HAVE FUN, BE CREATIVE and THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!