For Pokemon lovers who need help with their abc's. This is a great way to help kids understand the alphabet through saying the Pokemon's name. Then sounding out the first letter. For example, Bulbasaur, Buh, Buh- B. To help the students remember the names they are written at the top of each flash card. You can pair this up with number cards and create a game where two children, or teacher/caregiver can duel the student.
You'll need the Pokemon Flashcards and number cards from 1-10, or 1-26.
1. Lay both decks upside down.
2. Player one draws a Pokemon.
3. Player says what letter it is.
4. Play one draws a number card.
5. Player two draws a Pokemon.
6. Player two says what letter it is.
7. Player two draws a number card.
8. Player with the higher number wins.
9. Repeat until no more number cards, at which time you can reshuffle the discarded number pile.