This Polar Bear/Arctic Unit has 5 Centers:
1. Factually Speaking - a set of Addition Flash Cards 0-12 for students to work with a partner to place the problem card and answer card side by side under the appropriate heading/answer. Students are "speaking" to each other about the math facts as they work their way to create a big math fact chart. This gets students up and out of their seats and becomes body/brain learning.
2. Read and Write Around the Room - "posters" are provided and the intent is that the posters will be hung around the room. Students place the Recording Sheet on their clipboard, choose a pointer, walk around the room finding the posters and filling out the Recording Sheet. Vocabulary words include: beluga, fox, ice flow,
igloo, moose, goat, grey owl, puffin, rabbit, seal, walrus, wolf, grey bear.
3. Estimation Jar – this provides students with the opportunity to practice various math standards. Students explain their thinking strategies used to estimate.
4. Task Cards - Task Cards provides exposure to the vocabulary as well as covering greater than and less than in math.
5. Fast Facts - Fast Fact Recording Sheets for students to fill out as they research about various arctic topics.
6. Exit Tickets – students answer as they leave for the day or move to a different task.
7. Pictures of book covers of books you might want to use during this unit.
PLEASE NOTE ONLY DIGITAL CONTENT - NO PHYSICAL ITEMS!
How to get TpT credits to use on future purchases - Log in, go to "My Purchases," beside each purchase there will be a "Provide Feedback" button. Click it and there will be a page to leave a quick rating and a comment about the resource. When you provide feedback you will earn TpT credits that can be applied to future purchases to save you money!
How to Follow My Store - Click the green star beside my name at the top of my store page. You will then be notified when a new resource is posted.
JourneyED through Educational Transformations