This ESL Lesson Plan includes:
- a numbered 5-paragraph 237-word text, about polar bears and their habitat in the Arctic and their feeding habits. (The topic of extinction is briefly mentioned; the text is written at a grade 5 reading level.)
- a list of 11 vocabulary words (which are underlined in the text);
- a short list of Fast Facts, and
- a worksheet with three exercises related to the text.
- The second feature of the unit is an Internet research assignment (Arctic Wildlife);
- the third feature is a Listening Exercise which includes:
(1) a Teacher Guide, (2) four paragraphs about Churchill, Manitoba (The Polar Bear Capital of the World), and (3) a sheet of questions based on the Listening Exercise.