This ESL lesson plan includes:
- a numbered 6-paragraph 345 word text (written at a grade 6 reading level) about polar bears, their habitat in the Arctic and their feeding habits; the topic of extinction is briefly mentioned.
- a list of 13 vocabulary words (which are underlined in the text);
- a short list of Fast Facts;
- a worksheet with three comprehension activities.
- The second feature of the unit is an Internet research assignment (The Arctic);
- the third feature is a Listening Exercise which includes: (1) a Teacher Guide, (2) four paragraphs about Churchill, Manitoba (The Polar Bear Capital of the World), and (3) a sheet of comprehension questions based on the Listening Exercise.
Please see my store for similar Polar Bear ESL lesson plans for different reading levels.