This ESL lesson plan, written at a grade 7 reading level, includes:
- a 6-paragraph 387-word text about polar bears, their habitat in the Arctic and their feeding habits. The topic of extinction is briefly mentioned.
- a list of 14 vocabulary words from the text;
- a short list of Fast Facts and:
- a worksheet with two activities.
- The second feature of the unit is an Internet research assignment (The Arctic) and;
- the third feature is a list of questions designed to elicit the students' opinions on information they learned from reading the text.
Answer keys included.
Please see my store for similar lesson plans written at a lower reading level.