This Polar Bears nonfiction winter Read Aloud has everything you need to provide an interesting, exciting, and engaging way to build reading comprehension, writing skills, and integrate ELA and Science with this complete informational Polar Bear reading unit.
This Read Aloud uses the book (not included) , by Laura Marsh, to teach students about polar bears, integrate ELA and Science, learn about Arctic life, learn how to do online Shared Research Activities (Common Core Required), and learn to love and appreciate the importance of nonfiction books.
- Nonfiction Text Features
- Online Shared Research
- Using Graphic Organizers for Writing
- Graphing Different Ways
- Writing about ONE Event in a Story using Time Order Words
- DAILY Writing
- Speaking and Listening Skills
This Nonfiction Read Aloud includes so much information and activities you can easily make it into a two-week unit without loosing the interest and excitement of your students.
This Nonfiction Read Aloud Includes:
- Seven Pages of Scripted Common Core Aligned Lesson Plans for Five Days
- Day One Lesson Plans for K-2nd Grade (Differentiated for each grade)
- Day Two Lesson Plans for K-2nd Grade (Differentiated for each grade)
- Day Three Lesson Plans for K-2nd Grade (Differentiated for each grade)
- Day Four Lesson Plans for K-2nd Grade (Differentiated for each grade)
- Day Five Lesson Plans for K-2nd Grade (Differentiated for each grade)
- Sample for How to Teach Writing about a Single Event in a story
- Student ELA Journal Vocabulary Cards (4 per page)
- 12 Illustrated Vocabulary Cards (4 per page)
- Graphing Information and Ideas for Introducing this Read aloud
- Colored Yes or No Graphing Questions (8.5 x 11)
- Colored Student Graphing Pieces (15 per page)
- Black and White Yes or No Graphing Question (8.5 x 11)
- Black and White Student Graphing Pieces (15 per page)
- Two Graphic Organizers for Writing about ONE event using Time Order Words
- One Colorful Fiction Teaching Poster (8.5 x 11)
- One Nonfiction Colorful Teaching Poster (8.5 x 11)
- How to use Flip Tab Writing Focus Questions Instructions
- 16 Story Comprehension Cards for Whole and Small Groups (4 per page)
- Shared Research Project Sample Answer Key
- Student Shared Research Graphic Organizer Sheet
- Blank Shared Research Graphic Organizer Sheet to create your own project
- Five Question Yes or No Test & Vocabulary Test Ideas
- Test Answer Key & Simple ways to get Spelling, Grammar, & Writing Test Grades
- Six Writing Focus Questions
- Four Writing Focus Questions in Cut and Paste & Flip Tab Covers
- Two Different Writing Focus Questions in only Flip Tab Covers
- Polar Bear Interactive Book Teacher Instructions
- Five Page Student Polar Bear Interactive Books Including Cover (2 per page)
- Three Interactive Pages for Polar Bear Books (6 per page)
This CLOSE READ is recommended for KINDERGARTEN through 2nd grade, but can be used for 3rd graders and still aligns to Common Core skills.
Click on links for other Winter Resources you may find helpful.
Polar Babies Winter Read Aloud Fiction & Nonfiction Activities and Lesson Plans
Winter Read Alouds Bundle with Lesson Plans and Activities
Snowman Activities for Winter Writing with Craft
Snowman Expository Writing Activities for ELA and Science
Polar Bears Creating and Repeating Math Patterns Activity
Martin Luther King Jr. Black History Month Activities
You get HALF OFF ALL MY NEW PRODUCTS the FIRST 24 HOURS POSTED! I am posting NEW PRODUCTS WEEKLY so be sure and CLICK the GREEN STAR by my store name to become a FOLLOWER, and SAVE 50% off my products.
I'd love for you to follow me on INSTAGRAM to get to know the person behind my Oink4PIGTALES store just click the link below.
You can also follow me on my BLOG by clicking on the link below.
To connect with me on Facebook