Are polar bears part of your nonfiction learning this month? This unit is perfect for small group, close reading and nonfiction skills. The text passages are written at three different levels. There are discussion questions for each topic, as well as fact sorts and writing organizers. My nonfiction units are perfect for when you don't need a huge unit on a certain topic.
- 3 differentiated sets of texts on polar bears (6 topics in each set)
- Discussion questions for each text
- “I know/I wonder” pre-reading response sheet
- Polar bears can/have/are sheet
- Words to describe polar bears sheet
- Fill in the facts response sheets
- Graphic organizer for writing
- Writing paper
- True/False fact sort
- Main idea and details fact sort
- Fact cards and question sheet
Be sure to check out the preview to get a better idea of what is included.
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa, Second Grade Stories
Looking for more nonfiction units? Click HERE
to see them all!
Looking for winter resources?
❄️ Animals in Winter
❄️ Animals in Winter Readers Theater
❄️ Animals in Winter nonfiction interactive notebook folder
❄️ Arctic Antarctic Polar Animals Nonfiction Reading
❄️ Penguins Nonfiction Readers Theater
❄️ Penguins bundle
❄️ Tacky the Penguin
❄️ Whales Nonfiction Reading