Your students will have a blast as they race across the lake and into Polar Bear's igloo! Along the way, they will strengthen their patterning skills using a variety of manipulatives.
How to Play:
1. Each player chooses a game piece and places it on START.
2. Each player rolls a die. The player who gets the biggest number goes first.
3. First player: roll the die and move that many spaces along the path.
4. The space you land on tells you what pattern you will need to make.
5. Spin the spinner to see what tool you will use to make your pattern.
6. Build it! You must repeat the pattern 3 times.
7. It is the next player’s turn.
8. The first person to make it to Polar Bear’s igloo wins!
2 Levels of Game Play:
- Level 1: Simple patterns such as ABC, ABB, and AAB
- Level 2: Patterns such as ABCC, ABAC, and AABBCC
2 Different Spinners:
- Spinner 1: Use the included cards:
- Mittens (color patterns)
- Snowballs (size patterns)
- Shapes (shape patterns)
- Sound patterns (no cards)
- Spinner 2: Use your own math manipulatives:
- Pattern blocks
- Unifix cubes
- Links or paper clips
- Sound patterns