Do your students know how to research? Polar Bears and Penguins is a fun beginning research unit for students to use while learning about these arctic animals. This animal research project unit includes other activities for a month of lessons with low prep.
*Please click on the preview to see everything included in this unit.
**Updated 11/23/20 to include both printable and digital versions of the Polar Bears and Penguins Research books.
- Printables for research units on penguins and polar bears
- Penguins digital book (Google Slides)
- Polar Bears digital book (Google Slides)
- Explicit lesson plans for 4 weeks
- Essential Questions and Standards to post
- Reader’s Theater for Tacky the Penguin
- List of Websites
- This unit also covers important Common Core Reading Literature, Information, and Writing Standards for 2nd Grade (but will easily work for 1st or 3rd grades).
Please see preview for everything included in the unit.
Everything you need for an entire month of lessons with minimal amount of preparation is included. Make your planning simple, and learning fun for your students!
- Week 1 - fiction activities about Penguins
- Week 2 - nonfiction activities and research book about Penguins
- Week 3 - fiction activities about Polar Bears
- Week 4 - nonfiction activities and research book about Polar Bears
See all of my Let's Learn About Series.
It pays to follow me. All of my NEW products are 50% off for the first 48 hours. Just click "follow me" at the top of the page.
I love feedback. It is so important to my store. I appreciate you leaving feedback on this product when you purchase.
Thank you so very much!
Have a wonderful and blessed day,
Reading Standards for Literature (RL)
Reading Standards for Informational Text (RI)
Reading Standards: Foundational Skills (RF)
Writing Standards (W)
Speaking and Listening Standards (SL)
Language Standards (L)