Enjoy some math fun after reading aloud The Polar Express with this easy to use packet of number activities! The printables in this unit are appropriate for 1st grade and some 2nd grade children too!
Help your students to develop their understanding of number and practise using basic operations.
Inside this print and go packet you'll find:
- Less Than 10 / 10 or More Sorting (Cut and Paste Activities) : Adding to a single digit within 20, Sorting numbers to 20, Subtracting from a teen number within 20
- Ordering Santa's Numbers (Cut and Paste Activities all with lots of different starting points!) : Teen Numbers, Counting in twos, Counting in fives, Numbers beyond 20
- Mystery Pictures (with answer key) : Addition within 100 - add on 0,1,2,3; Subtraction within 100 - take away 0,1,2,3.
- Sums in the Sack (Cut and Paste Activities) : Missing numbers- Addition within 20; Adding on to a teen number; Subtraction within 20; Taking away from 20
- Believe It Or Not? : True or false addition number facts within 20;
True or false doubles
- Latest update includes teen tickets: odd or even? and a reward certificate
Color and black line versions included.
Check out our other fun math packets inspired by children's picture books:
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Math Activities
The Day The Crayons Quit Math Activities
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License