Everyone reads "The Polar Express" by Chris Van Allsburg and often the movie is watched as well! What more perfect way to learn and practice kindergarten and first grade skills, but by incorporating the magic this story brings into your lessons! This interactive ActivInspire flipchart is great to use in a whole group, small group, or as a computer center. Many of the activity pages are self correcting!
The activities you will find in this product are listed below:
* Train Color Word Cars
* Pocket Watch Telling Time
* Ticket Punch Addition
* Chocolate More or Less
* Counting on Mugs
* Hot Cocoa Addition (word problems)
* Hot Cocoa Subtraction (word problems)
* Before and After Mittens (number concepts)
* Counting Sleigh Bells (0 - 20)
* ABC Order Presents (Uppercase letters)
* ABC Order Presents (Lowercase letters)
* Gift Surprises (Decoding practice with basic cvc and ccvc words)
* Ticket Number Words
* Where's the Bell (Decoding practice of onset and rime with basic cvc words)
* Please Note: These product was not created so that students could learn more about the book. Instead, each flipchart page is themed based on something that happened in the book and/or movie.
Don't forget to rate my product! I would love to hear how it worked for you and your students!